SHEILA WHEELER, RN, MS, is acknowledged as one of the world's leading experts in the field of telephone triage. She has practiced nursing for over 30 years, primarily in critical care, emergency department and clinic settings. An accomplished writer, educator, researcher and consultant, Ms. Wheeler is currently President of TeleTriage Systems in San Anselmo, California.
Ms. Wheeler provides consultation and training to physician offices, clinics, urgent care and emergency departments, HMO call centers and student health centers. She has served as an expert witness in telephone triage for more than 25 cases since 1995. Ms. Wheeler currently practices as a front-line telephone triage practitioner in a call center in San Francisco.
Ms. Wheeler is the author of Telephone Triage: Theory, Practice, and Protocol Development as well as Telephone Triage Protocols. Ms. Wheeler has written for Nursing 97, Journal of Emergency Nursing, and has lectured nationally. She is the founder and chairperson of "Telephone Triage: Essentials for Expert Practice, the first annual national conference from 1994 to 2003.
Since 1985, Sheila Wheeler has pioneered the field of telephone triage through developing innovative products and seminars. Listed below are several principal milestones.
- 1988 Author "The Fine Art of Telephone Triage", the first CE program in telephone triage.
- 1990 Assistant producer, "Anonymous Hero", the first training video for emergency medical dispatchers. Also developed the original concept for Jeff Clawson, M.D., pioneer of emergency medical dispatch, still uses this award-winning film as a training modality.
- 1993 Author, "Telephone Triage, Theory, Practice and Protocol Development", the first training manual and "how to" text and audiotape on telephone triage practice. This best selling text, considered the definitive work in the field, was also the first to explain how to develop telephone triage protocols. Over 25,000 copies have been sold since 1993.
- 1994 Founder of the first national telephone triage conference. Chairperson/Speaker "Telephone Triage: Essentials for Expert Practice." Approximately 6,000 attendees
- 1996 Developed the first age-based Telephone Triage Protocols. Editor-in-chief and Project Manager for "Telephone Triage Protocols of Pediatric and Adult Populations". Currently in use in approximately 500 sites.
- 1997 Consultant in the development of electronic versions of protocols used by six VA hospitals in northern California and Hawaii.
- 2000 Member of Task Force for National Certification Corporation to develop first certification examination for telephone triage nurses.
- 2001 Developed the first Protocol Competency CE Course
- 2002 Second edition of Telephone Triage Protocols for Adult and School Age Populations published by Aspen Publishers
- 2009 New Edition of Telephone Triage Protocols for Adult Populations published by McGraw Hill.
- 2010 Presentation of Telephone Triage program for Hospital Authority, Hong Kong, China
- 2011 Legal Nurse Consultant Certification
Professional Legal Nurse Consultant Certification August 29, 2011
1994 Garza vs. MD Office
1995 Alexis et ux vs. HMO
1998 Barnett vs. MD Office
1998 Fontenot vs MD Office
1999 Stallings vs. HMO
2000 Fuentes vs. Medical Center
2001 Entwhistle vs. HMO
1999 Runyon vs. MD OFFICE
2000 Whidden vs. HMO
2001 Smith vs. Clinic
2002 Weichel vs. MD Office
2000 Utterback) vs. HMO
2001 Bevel vs. Call Center
2002 Hernandez vs. Hospital
2003 Gibson vs. HMO
2004 Alexander vs. HMO
2005 Black vs. Hospital
2010 Tapp vs. HMO
2011 Robertson vs. NHS
To request more information or schedule a consultation, please contact TeleTriage Systems.